I will be spending more time on Globus now. If you find useful, I would love it, if you starred it on GitHub.
If you just want to make a globe, you can visit this simplified version
If you want to use all the options of the program, go here
How to project?
- Pick the image you want to project. It doesn’t have to be equirectangular projection
- Specify in what projection your image was. You can also upload your own projection.
- Specify the projection you want to get. You can also upload your own projection.
- Now that you’ve picked projections, you will be asked for additional data – e.g. which meridian do you want to be central. Usually, leaving everything unchanged will give you default projections.
- Click project!. You can now see your projection
- Right-click your projection and click save image
Learn how to write your own projection here.
Have fun, and tell me your opinions in the comments,