If you just want to make a globe, you can visit this simplified version
How to project?
- Pick the image you want to project. It doesn’t have to be equirectangular projection
- Specify in what projection your image was. You can also upload your own projection.
- Specify the projection you want to get. You can also upload your own projection.
- Now that you’ve picked projections, you will be asked for additional data – e.g. which meridian do you want to be central. Usually, leaving everything unchanged will give you default projections.
- Click project!. You can now see your projection
- Right-click your projection and click save image
Learn how to write your own projection here.
You can also view it in separate tab (instead of iframe) here.
Have fun, and tell me your opinions in the comments,